Sunday 30 November 2014

I Like Lichen...

Today's pictures from my walk on Saturday are different to the ones which will follow over the next few days in that while the others will all be of the wider landscape these focus on the things we don't tend to notice.  

The first is of a small cluster of lichen and moss which were growing in the shelter of a small cleft in some rock.  This was taken using my Canon 100mm macro lens.  Pictures 2 & 3 are of lichen growing on the side of a rock at the edge of a fast flowing stream. 





2 comments:

  1. Nice, all too often we miss the small stuff and over look the details. Amazing world of colour and texture. I could not help but think of a short story by John Wyndham called Trouble with Lichen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first one looks like a miniature garden.
      As you say the colour and texture is amazing when you take the time to look.

      Delete