Wednesday 5 November 2014

Ice Crystal

Having just enjoyed the warmest October for some time the weather has suddenly taken a turn and it's a lot colder outside, more what we should expect for November.  With that in mind I decided to post a couple of pictures of different ice crystals.  I love the different patterns that form and with my macro lens it is possible to get in close and pick out the detail.  I guess I still need some practice but these show a little of what is possible.  

In these pictures the ice had formed on the top of a puddle and over the surface of a rock.



2 comments:

  1. Nature provides many beautiful images, nicely captured. Last year we had an ice storm that brought down several limbs from the trees in our yard and changed the shape of our willow tree forever. The whole area was covered with ice and some people were without electricity for a week. The ice was ln many ways beautiful but it was also devastating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice storm sounds spectacular but scary. While in Utah in Dec 2012 I got some great pictures of icicles which I may post in due course.

      Delete