Monday 24 November 2014

Maritime History

Today would have been my dad's 74th birthday and I miss him loads so I wanted to post some photos today as a remembrance to him.  Many years ago he was at sea with the merchant navy and growing up in and around Portsmouth he taught me to appreciate our Naval History.  The pictures below of HMS Warrior and HMS Victory at Portsmouth's Historic Naval Dockyard are images I know he would love and so that is the reason for my choice.  









These shots were taken in 2002 and 2003 using my first digital camera.  As with many of the pictures I post from back then I would love to go back and take some high resolution pictures using my new camera, I just have to be patient.

1 comment:

  1. I think the photo of HMS Warrior was taken the day we visited HMS Victory during our trip for Hyrums' first birthday, I have a similar shot on my computer. Great memories of Portsmouth and visiting the Naval Museums etc. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete