Saturday 18 April 2015

A Splash of Colour







Today is my 200th blog posting and to celebrate I have been out taking some new pictures and I have chosen to flood this page with colour.

I visited Powis Castle near Welshpool and as well as the castle and gardens I took several macro images some of which you can see above. 

The first five pictures are of different varieties of Tulip, their vivid colours and abundance of pollen were a real treat for the eyes and an invitation to bees and other insects although I was surprised not to see too many bees today.

The final picture is of a bed of grape hyacinths around the base of a tree with a view across a lawn and with a glimpse of the castle itself through the branches.

The gardens are quite spectacular and so I look forward to sharing a few more of my photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment