Monday 20 April 2015

Not the Hanging Gardens...











Another large helping of photos for today, these are from Powis Castle and gardens.  One of the main notable features of the gardens are the well manicured topiary. As you can see they are sculpted into fairly random shapes and they are impressive in scale and size.

At this time of year there is a good display of Magnolia and as can be seen in the last picture lots of grape hyacinth.  The cottage in the final picture can be rented as a holiday home, it looks like a lovely place but if you were staying there you would have to put up with the castle visitors during the day.  Of course in the evening after the visitors have gone you would have uninterrupted access to the gardens.

I really like the sixth picture looking out from the orangery, it was a cool place to rest for a while and I like the view.  I also like the shot of the arch and its' shadow, I can imagine how beautiful it will look later in the summer when it is in full bloom, perhaps I will go back to get some pictures then.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Looks like a very pleasant place to spend a day. It looks familiar and I think I may have visited there in the distant past, but to be honest I can't remember the occasion that would have brought me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a good place to spend a day

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a good place to spend a day

    ReplyDelete