Friday 10 April 2015

Mid-day moon





Today's  pictures are few a random  shots taken on day ten of our road trip.

OK, it wasn't mid day it was 1.45 but I was slightly surprised to see the moon so clearly while it was so sunny and warm.  Anyway having driven along the Route Napoleon my son and I stopped to take a walk in Saint Vallier de Thiey and I was able to take the first of today's pictures, obviously this image is cropped from the original picture which was taken using my 70 - 300mm lens.

There were hundreds of small lizards rushing around in the leaf litter and basking in the early afternoon sun and after trying unsuccessfully to catch one I took a photo instead.

The final picture is a sign we saw a fair way along the trail, warning that in order to protect their flocks from wild dogs, wolves and lynx the shepherds use guard dogs and advising walkers to take extra care.  We could see a flock of sheep on the hillside and we could hear the goat bells as they were being herded along a mountain trail.  Seeing the sign my son decided that it was time to turn back, not because he was worried about the prospect of coming across a wolf or a lynx but because he was worried about the guard dog... Hmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment