Thursday 16 April 2015

Amsterdam Life




I have some great pictures from Amsterdam, of canals, bridges and canal houses but for today I wanted to share a few slightly different images of some of the city's inhabitants all of which reflect the character and charm of the place.

The first picture was taken inside the Westerkerk on Prinsengracht (which is the subject of the painting in the top right of the photo).  I am sure it is a wonderful place to work as an artist, the light was great and there was an organ recital providing a super soundtrack.

The seagulls in the second photo appear to have an almost romantic connection with each other which caught my eye and seemed really fitting given the setting.

The cat sunning itself on a bench was also a really fitting image for this relaxed and laid back city.

I hope that you enjoy these pictures as much as I do, feel free to leave a comment below...

No comments:

Post a Comment