Thursday 22 January 2015

A Cold and Frosty Morning





Having spent most of the week on the beach I have moved inland now, to Delamere Forest to be exact.  These pictures were taken on New Years Eve 2008 and were among the first taken with my canon 450D.  As you can see it was a particularly cold and frosty morning with a thick coating of frost on just about everything.  There was mist hanging in the air creating a slightly eerie  backdrop to everything and robbing things of colour.  The robin in the second photo was just about the only colourful thing to be seen.

I love getting out in all weathers and in every season and these pictures show that there is so much beauty in all conditions.  Tomorrow I will have a few more pictures from this session which I hope you will enjoy too.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. No trickery with the weather, what you see is what you get. I particularly like the third and fourth pictures, I am rather partial to trees in any weather, each is unique and these, though devoid of foliage, are rather beautiful with the frost on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. Love the winter feel especially in the one with the robin

    ReplyDelete