Friday 16 January 2015

All The Small Things #6




I bought this jug from a potter in Provins, a medieval town in The Seine et Marne region of France.  There was a matching jug, slightly larger but I could not afford both.  Several years later I was back in the town and visited the pottery again, the larger jug was still for sale and the potter remembered me and the discussion we had during my first visit.  I now have both jugs and they make a lovely pair.  I also bought several decorative tiles with traditional patterns and the lovely dark glaze, they made lovely gifts, at least I thought so.

I like the shape and colour and form of the jugs and I have focused on the spout and the lip of the judge because I find them really aesthetically pleasing.

This is the last of the "small things" series, for now anyway, I hope that you have found them enjoyable and/or interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment