Tuesday 6 January 2015

Coniston

Canon EOS6D EF 24-105mm f/4L @ 24mm f5 ISO 100 1/400s

Just one picture for today, this was taken one day in June 2013 and was one of the first pictures taken with my full frame DSLR.  I had gone up to the Lake District looking for a campsite and I had just checked out Coniston Hall Campsite which is right on the shore of the lake.  It was a bit too busy for me so I decided not to stay there but the views of Coniston Old Man were really good so I thought I would share one today, I like the wide open meadow with summer flowers in the foreground.

Why did I pick this picture for today?  Well at the weekend I ordered a favourite album on vinyl and it arrived today it is pressed on cream vinyl with aqua blue and bronze splatters, it looks amazing and as I listened to one of my favourite tracks I thought I would link it with my blog.  The song is called If I Sit Still, Maybe I'll Get Out Of Here.  I thought of where I would go and as I love the Lake District I thought this picture fit the bill.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite places to visit. Nice contrast with the summer flowers and the dramatic cloud formations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phil, I just got lucky with the light on that particular day, I am lucky to live close enough to nip up there for the day so I will definitely be going back soon.

    ReplyDelete