Friday 30 January 2015

Frozen







With snow and ice one of the main features on the news bulletins I thought there would be some good photo opportunities but locally there has been absolutely no snow.

I thought however that it would be topical to post some wintery pictures today so I have selected these shots of icicles taken in Utah in December 2012. I like the windblown array in the second picture and in the last three I like the way the thorns and pine needles have been encased in ice in a way I had never seen before.

I like all of the pictures but if I had to choose a favourite I would say the third one although it is not an easy choice.  Let me know what you think in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Mother Nature's icy fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good observation. I wish I had thought of that as a title for today's post...

      Delete