Sunday 4 January 2015

Castlegregory, Eire



In 2011 I took a holiday in County Kerry in Ireland, more precisely on the Dingle Peninsula . The weather while we were away was pretty dull for most of the time, but on the one fine day I got these shots near Castlegregory, the first is taken looking towards Camp and Tralee, the second is a view of Brandon Mountain. I had a good time clambering over the rocks and dodging the spray.

The road over the mountain to Dingle on the opposite side of the peninsula was quite a hair raising drive in very poor conditions, not something I would do again except in very good weather.  

Over the next few days I will select a few more pictures from the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty country, particularly when the sun is shining. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great week there but sadly there wasn't enough sun. Ironically the landlady said we had been lucky with the weather during our stay so I dread to think what is like in a bad week.

    ReplyDelete