Saturday 17 January 2015

Caldy Village #1





Caldy Village lies next to West Kirby and overlooks the Dee Estuary and the Flintshire coast.  Although the area known as Caldy has become spread out and boasts many sumptuous houses, the village centre itself is very small.  It dates back hundreds of years, the house in the first two pictures having been built in 1702 and the house in the final image was built in 1683.

One of my preferred cycle routes takes me through the village and along the nearby coastal path.  I have often admired the houses here and today during a bright spell as a storm approached from the Irish Sea I took the opportunity to take a few photographs to post here.

I hope you agree with me that the rich colour of the stone feels warm even though it was actually bitterly cold.  The winter sun as seen in the third picture although very bright, did nothing to warm me up.

Tomorrow I will share a few more pictures of the village and then over the next few days I will post some photos taken along the shoreline. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Looks like a nice place. I would love to visit some time with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come any time, so many great things to show you

    ReplyDelete