Monday 5 January 2015

Dingle Harbour




So having driven across Brandon Mountain via Conor Pass I drove into Dingle.  It's a quaint town and there was a nice market going on I remember buying some nice cakes and other tasty treats for lunch.  In the town itself I bought some little gifts for friends.  

The area is famous for a dolphin called Funghi that often can be seen in the harbour and there are boat trips to see dolphins and whales along the coast but I didn't go as conditions out at sea were fairly poor although it looked nice and calm in the bay.

After a tour of the town I walked around the harbour so I have chosen a few pictures of the boats and the town from across the harbour.  I have chosen some black and white pictures for today because under the grey skies they look best. I think the third picture is my favourite, let me know which is yours...

2 comments:

  1. I took some photos of the fishing boats in Boston many years ago, I don't know what happened to them; they too were in black and white. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have some decent black & white prints from Boston Docks back in the day. I think I had them in mind when I was choosing these shots.

    ReplyDelete