Friday 9 January 2015

There's Not Mushroom







How can you tell my blog is full? ...because there's not mushroom for anymore pictures...

Ok I know that was terrible so enough of the bad jokes let's just focus on the pictures.  I love fungi, the varied colours, shapes and sizes and I know people who would be searching for fairies wherever they find fungi like the Fly Agagric in the first two pictures.

The first couple of pictures were taken at Blean Woods just outside of Canterbury it was the first time I had ever seen this type of fungus so I went a bit mad and took quite a few shots, getting right down in the dirt to get the angles I wanted.

The next two pictures and the last one were taken at Bickerton Hill in Cheshire (I've used several pictures from there in previous posts) and the fifth picture was taken in the New Forest.  I don't know what species these are but I think my favourite is the third one, I love the shape, the colour and the texture, for me its a perfect mix.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, there are fungus among us. I have to agree that the varied fungi are fascinating, such an assortment of shapes, colours and textures, and on top of that the various locations they can be found. Great pictures all, it is hard to choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete