Sunday 12 October 2014

Ancient Stairs

Following on from yesterdays offering I have two more pictures from Bickerton Hill.  At the top of the hill is an Iron Age hill fort known as Maiden Castle which apparently was one of a chain of forts overlooking the Dee Valley and the Cheshire Plains.

The Sandstone Trail  is a 34 mile path which links Whitchurch and Frodsham and it crosses Bickerton Hill.  Walking up to the fort the path becomes steep in places and there are a couple of stone staircases to make the going a little bit easier.  I am sure the paths aren't nearly as old as the fort itself but they seem pretty old and I think that they add something to overall atmosphere.  I also think they make quite good photographic images so I have decided to post a couple of pics today.




1 comment: