Friday 31 October 2014

Something creepy for Halloween

Given that it is Halloween I thought I would post something creepy.  I had found a couple of spider pictures the other day which I was going to use but then this morning we found a beautiful spider had built its web in front of the kitchen window which meant that I could get clear shots front and back.

I have used my 100mm macro lens so was able to get in nice and close which means there is lots of spooky detail. I had to use my tripod as well, to keep the camera steady  and make sure I could keep the image sharp. I know spiders are not to everybody's taste but you have to admit these look pretty good. The middle one is my favourite.  Enjoy... if you can!




2 comments:

  1. Spiders are fascinating creatures and often quite beautiful, so long as they are not crawling on me or near me. Nice photos, I like the third photo best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a flash on my camera and I didn't want to set up my ring flash so I lit up the spider using my head torch and I think it has made the colours really stand out. I think the reason I like the middle picture is because you can see the spider's eyes and I felt like he was watching everything I was doing...

      Delete