Wednesday 8 October 2014

Unusual growth

In February this year I went on a family day out to Styal woods by Quarry Bank Mill. The weather was perfect for the time of year and I decided to leave my camera at home, for once this was a day when I wouldn't be obsessing about taking pictures, I was just going to enjoy the walk, some time with the family and enjoy the surroundings.

The minute I got out of the car I was regretting the decision, the light was perfect and I knew that this was a missed opportunity. Don't get me wrong I had a great day, it was nice being out and I enjoyed exploring somewhere I'd not been before.  But there were so many good photo opportunities and however much I tried I couldn't help mentally framing shots along the way. 
I did however have my mobile phone and although it doesn't have the best camera for a mobile phone it's pretty good and when I saw these unusual fungi I wasn't going to pass up the chance to snap a few photos. 
I've never seen fungi p ke this before or since, I think there is something bat like about it and definitely worth sharing.  If anyone can tell me what variety it is I'd love to know.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks to my good friend Jacky who identified these as being jelly ear, or Jew ear fungus. I've learned something new! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, nice pics as usual. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete