Thursday 30 October 2014

Parisian Chic

In January 2012 as a treat for my mum's 70th birthday the family paid for her to go Paris, I was the lucky one who got to go with her, to one of my favourite places.  A few years previously mum had come with us on our family holiday and we took a trip into Paris with the intention of visiting the Louvre, somewhere she had always wanted to visit. Unfortunately on that occasion we had visited on a day when the museum was closed and so mum said I would have to promise to take her again in the future.I never tire of Paris, it is such a beautiful city and so it was easy for me to go back with my mum for such a special occasion.

It was a fantastic couple of days, we stayed in a luxurious hotel just off the Champs Elysee and we visited lots of the sites, most importantly we got to spend a good long time at the Louvre taking in the wonderful works of art.  As the trip was about my mum I left my camera at home and just relied on my mobile phone's camera for the small number of shots that I took.

The two pictures I have chosen for today's blog showcase Parisian style from two very different eras.  The first is contemporary and was taken in the foyer of our hotel, the second was of a staircase in the Palais du Louvre and so reflects the style of a time long past. I love the golden apple, it is a fun piece and blended really well with the decor. The staircase shows that even in a compact space something functional has been made a thing of beauty and style.  That's Paris for you.




1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite cities. I will take the family there again one day. I like the staircase, and the apple is an interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete