Wednesday 15 October 2014

Stranded bus

In December 2012 I was lucky enough to take a trip to Utah, it was lovely to visit friends and family some of whom I hadn't seen for many years.  It was also a sad time as I said goodbye to my eldest son as he started his two year mission. 

The winter weather was something I hadn't experienced before and provided lots of great photo opportunities.

Today's photos were taken in Provo Canyon.  My daughter and I had gone for a drive surprised at how clear the mountain road was in spite of the temperature (-13C) and the deep snow on the verges and in the valley.

We pulled off the road and hiked a short way down to the river where there were a few hardy locals waist deep fishing.  I took a number of photos from this spot which was where a railway crosses the river and weaves its way along the canyon.  There was no visible trace of the tracks under the snow but the sign marked the point at which the tracks crossed our path.

In the other picture I like the way the fence draws the eye in and then in the distance there is a yellow school bus apparently abandoned on the opposite bank.  As we took in the scene Rachael and I mused about how the bus had got there and whether it would be have to wait until the following spring to be removed/rescued.  I am sure that I will go back at some point in the future and I will make a point of finding out if it is still there.


Canon EOS 450D 18 - 55mm @ 23mm f7.1 ISO 800 1/4000s

Canon EOS 450D 18-55mm @ 18mm f7.1 ISO 800 1/4000s

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! The train track winds its way from Provo Canyon up the valley to Heber City and is known as the Heber Creeper. Always some great photo opportunities in Provo Canyon.

    ReplyDelete