Wednesday 3 December 2014

6 views of Pen yr Ole Wen







Here is another selection of images from Saturday's walk in Snowdonia.  

Having walked up to the path which leads around Llyn Idwal I stopped to take the first 3 images above, I actually set up the camera on my tripod in the river to get the angle that I wanted, I think it paid off because I am really pleased with these shots. 

Pen yr Ole Wen is the southern most peak of the Carneddau  and stands at 978m. Walking around the lake there were several good vantage points to capture the reflection of the peak and at times the lake was mirror calm so I was able to get some near perfect images.  As well as the sharp reflections I love the way the wispy clouds are rising through the valley in the centre of the first few images. 

I've been walking in this area many times but looking at these pictures I realised that I have never actually walked in the Carneddau and I guess that I will have to plan an excursion one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, some really great pictures. I especialy like 1,3 and 5. They appeal to my artist eye for a variety of reasons, colour, perspective and clarity etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I'm really pleased with these pictures,and really glad you like them too, there were worth the effort of getting there.

      Delete