Friday 26 December 2014

It's a Gift

Today is a milestone for me because this is my 100th blog post and I have decided to make a special offer to mark the occasion.  So take a look at the pictures then read on for details...




So today's pictures are of High Force in Forest-in-Teesdale.  It is a spectacular sight most times but after heavy rain it becomes a raging torrent and the noise is incredible as the River Tees thunders over the falls.  The first picture is actually of a small stream which feeds in to the Tees, here I experimented with a long exposure to get the milky effect.  Getting shots of the falls themselves was tricky as I had to climb over the fence to get to the rocks which were treacherously slippery, then I had the spray to contend with, it was like being in the shower and the spray on the lens caused the autofocus no end of difficulty.  Hopefully you will think the effort was worth it.

Now for the announcement you have been waiting for... I have now been blogging for 100 days consecutively and in that time my blog has been viewed all around the world, in the UK, Canada, the USA, in Russia, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Nigeria, Morocco, Australia and all across Europe.  I am so happy that it has taken off so well and hopefully this will continue.

To celebrate the 100th post I wanted to do something to say thank you for the support that people have given me so I am going to give away a mounted print of one of my pictures.  To be in with a chance of receiving this offer please either retweet the link on Twitter or share the link on Facebook saying which of the pictures you would like to receive.  For every tweet or share on Facebook I will enter you into a draw and on New Years Eve I will pick one lucky person at random, the more tweets or shares the more opportunities to win and there will be four more posts between now and the draw itself so come back every day and get tweeting and sharing, and good luck .

2 comments:

  1. I visited High Force many years ago, but it had not rained recently, even so the noise was incredible. I like the second picture, the way the shot is framed shows more of the effects of the water, over time on the rocks. Nice pictures all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was spectacular on the day, glad you like the pictures

      Delete