Friday 12 December 2014

It's in the detail







We often see the whole article for example the carriage in the first picture and we are taken by the overall look.  We might say "wow!" when we see it, as I did when I stumbled across this carriage tucked away in part of Belsay Hall in Northumberland.  But of course the overall beauty of an object is really the sum of all its parts and getting in close as I have in the other pictures you can see the incredible workmanship and attention to detail which goes together to make up the finished article.

This carriage is not just a simple means of getting from A to B it is a status symbol and the quality can be seen in the finish of the individual elements.  I also think that they make pretty nice pictures on their own too.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. As you might imagine, I too appreciate attention to detail. It is the little details that make something extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete