Thursday 4 December 2014

I am a rock...







Today it's the last of my selection from my walk around Llyn Idwal.  Every now and then I like to link some music to the images and today I have picked I Am A Rock by Simon and Garfunkel, the line "I am a rock, I am an Island" fits with the first three pictures and especially number 3.

The first picture is of the lake looking towards Devil's Kitchen. I like the way the wall of rock closes around the lake and is reflected in the still water.  I remember walking up here in the snow with some friends many years ago  and watching a group of people ice climbing on the rock face to the left of the picture.  On that occasion we walked up towards Bristly Ridge and then slid down the snow covered slopes on our rucksacks as makeshift sleds.

The fourth shot is of Y Garn which featured in my blog earlier in the week and the last monochrome picture is of a random rock on the valley floor.  I chose to include this picture because I like the texture of the rock and in monochrome it gives a sense of how cold it was up on the slopes.

I've really enjoyed sharing the pictures this week, I had a great day out and the photos show off this wonderful area.  I hope that you have enjoyed them as much as me. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the first and last pictures, the first because of the stillness and the colours, the last because of the detail of the black and white image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the first, third and last are my favourites from this selection.
    There will be a lot more black & white photos over the coming week. There will definitely be a change of tone to my next few blogs that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete