Tuesday 23 December 2014

Wild Birds



Today I have chosen a couple of very simple shots on of a Great Tit and the other a Blue Tit which I snapped near the car park in Blanchland in the North Pennines.  It was a miserable grey day with non stop rain but it didn't prevent me from getting out for the day with my mum.  

We had been to High Force in Teesdale and then called in at Blanchland for lunch at the White Monk Tearooms which is in the former village school. Before heading back home I took a few pictures of the birds that were resting in the trees near the car.  It was hard getting a clear shot because of the rain on my lens and these while not perfect were the best.  The Great Tit has a crumb of biscuit clasped in its beak, I think he was pleased for an easy meal on such a miserable day.

Over the next few days I will post some more pictures from the day out including the waterfall and some photos of Blanchland which is a lovely village and definitely worth a visit in better weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment